Dr. Tracy Barnes
Date(s) - 06/02/2018 - 06/03/2018
Kinesio Taping Assessments, Fundamental Concepts & Techniques
2 day course designed to introduce participants to the science, assessment and application techniques of the Kinesio Taping® Method. Lecture Tutorials of the history, science and theory of stimulus transmission through skin and resulting therapeutic benefit across efferent and afferent systems is reviewed. Corrections for Epidermis, Dermis, Fascia, Space, and Muscle in case study format are presented. Lecture and demonstration by the instructor, then participants perform the Manual Assessments and Movement Assessments. Discussion of the assessment flow charts to determine correct applications and general progression of treatment clinically.
Course Agenda: Day 1
|8:30 am||Sign In|
|9:00||Instructor Introduction & Bio|
|9:10 – 11:00||Intro Kinesio Taping Concepts, Theory, History, Tape Qualities, Finger Demo, Precautions and Application Guidelines, Physiological Systems Affected, Convolutions Lab|
|11:15 – 1:00||Tape Removal, Skin Stimulation Research, Kinesio Taping Assessments & Labs: Epidermis and Dermis|
|2:00 – 4:00 pm||Manual Direction Tests, Correction Labs: Fascia and Space|
|4:15 – 6:20||Muscle Correction Theory and Labs, Kinesio Assessments and Labs: Longissimus Cervicus, and Scalenus Anterior|
|6:20 – 6:30||Q&A; Overview of Practical Exam on Day 2|
Day Two continues with instruction and demonstration of assessment and taping procedures for the Mechanical, Tendon, Ligament and Circulatory/Lymphatic Corrections in case study format. Time is allotted for questions and discussion of the assessment flow charts to determine correct applications and general progression of treatment clinically. Participants will receive a full color Kinesio Taping® Workbook and a 60-day access code to the KTAI database.
Course Agenda: Day 2
|8:30 am||Sign In|
|9:00 – 11:00||Overnight Responses, Assessments and Labs: Pectoralis Major, Rhomboid Major, Rectus Abdominis|
|11:15 – 1:00||Kinesio Assessments and Labs: Gluteus Medius, Rectus Femoris; Q&A|
|2:00 – 4:00 pm||Kinesio Taping Corrective Techniques: Mechanical – shoulder, knee and ankle; Ligament,|
|4:15 – 5:20||Kinesio Taping Corrective Techniques: Tendon, Functional and Circulatory/Lymphatic|
|5:20 – 6:30||Documentation, Research, Glossary Review, Student Assessments, Q and A|
- List unique qualities of Kinesio® Tex Tape.
- List different physiological systems affected by Kinesio Tex Tape.
- List 3 contraindications and 3 precautions ofusing Kinesio Tex Tape.
- List best use for each type of Kinesio TexTape.
- Describe and demonstrate cutting different Kinesio Taping application tape shapes: I Strip, Y Strip, Web Cut, X Cut, etc.
- Describe one situation where it would be appropriate to use each different tape cut.
- Demonstrate one of the three methods of safely removing Kinesio Tex Tape from skin.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of Manual Direction Tests for tissue and muscle.
- Demonstrate use of Kinesio Screening Assessments to identify target tissue for treatment.
- Demonstrate proper application of Kinesio Epidermis, Dermis and Fascia Taping technique.
- Demonstrate proper application of corrective techniques: Fascia, Mechanical, Space, Functional, Lymphatic, Tendon, Ligament, and Muscle Correction.
- Describe difference between an underactive and overactive muscle correction application.
- Identify appropriate tension range for each corrective technique.
- Describe difference between ligament correction and tendon correction.
- List a condition that the Functional Correction would be used for.
- Describe the difference between “long and short oscillation” and “side to side oscillation” used in the Fascial Correction application.
In order to attend a Kinesio Taping seminar, each attendee must meet all of the following criteria:
1. Must have completed 80 course hours of anatomy and physiology
2. Must have a working knowledge of the musculoskeletal system
3. Must be able to do assessments by evaluating and/or diagnosing injuries and conditions
4. Must have achieved or is a student in their junior or senior year (transcripts must be provided) working towards one or more of the following credentials: ARNP, ATC, CAT(C), CCSP, CDP, CHT, CLT, CMBT, CMT, CNMT, COMT, COTA, COTA/L, CPO, CRN, CST, CT, CWS, DC, DO, DOM, DPT, Lac, LAT, LLCC, LMBT, LMP, LMT, LOT, LOTA, LPT, LPTA, MD, MDT, MLD, MOT, MOTR/L, MPT, MT, MTC, NCMT, NCTMB, NDT, NMD, NMT, NP, NRC, OCS, ODT, OMD, OPA, OT, OTA, OTC, OTR, OTR/L, PT, PT-C, PTA, PA, RMT, RN, RPT, RPTA, SLP, Paramedics and Kinesiologists.
Full refund if Nature’s Stones cancels. If student cancels prior to 5/10/18 they will receive a full refund less $25 administration fee. No refunds if cancelled on 5/10/18 or after.